Time To Upgrade phpMyAdmin
This tutorial is about how to upgrade phpmyadmin in WAMP server. As you know WAMP is a virtual web server and phpMyAdmin comes along with it for the database management. In your phyMyAdmin dashboard, you will find notification stating that a new version is available to upgrade. If there is any update from phpMyAdmin.
Please refer below screen-shot.
Step -1 >> First, go to phpmyadmin site and download latest stable version of phpmyadmin.
Step – 2
- Extract downloaded folder. In my case it is phpMyAdmin-4.7.0-all-languages.
- Rename it to phpMyAdmin4.7.0
- Copy this Folder to C:\wamp\apps folder. Keep previous version folder for backup.
- Now, Copy the config.inc.php configuration file from c:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.1.14\config.inc.php (phpmyadmin – current version folder) to c:\wamp\apps\phpMyAdmin4.7.0\config.inc.php (phpmyadmin – new version folder).
Step – 3 Make changes in the phpmyadmin.conf file in c:/wamp/alias.
- Change the phpmyadmin version phpmyadmin4.1.14 (old version name) with phpMyAdmin4.7.0 (new version name) at two places as shown in a picture below.
Step – 4 Make changes in wampmanager.conf configuration file located at root directory of wamp.
- Change the phpmyadmin phpmyadmin4.1.14 (old version name) with phpMyAdmin4.7.0 (new version name) as shown in a picture below.
Finally, Restart your WAMP server.
Now, check localhost/phpmyadmin. Your phpMyAdmin now upgraded to new version.
Please comment, if you have any questions or queries regarding this tutorial.
Please Subscribe Our Newsletter to get notified for latest tutorials, guides, etc.